Hardwood floor scrubbing and buffing
Nationwide Commercial Cleaning – Hardwood Floor Scrubbing and Buffing
After a few years of regular foot traffic, the finish on any hardwood floor will begin to break down, lose its luster and be less effective at protecting the hardwood underneath. This can allow your floor to absorb moisture from spills, resulting in ugly stains and will eventually allow wear to occur directly to the wood surface. Once that damage begins, a complete refinishing job may become necessary.
Contact Nationwide Commercial Cleaning for hardwood floor cleaning
To avoid that expense, we recommend our finish restoration services when your floors become dull. This procedure involves buffing or “screening” the surface to remove scratches and imperfections, then applying a new coat of polyurethane. The screening process is much less aggressive than sanding, and because it’s completely dustless, it requires far less preparation and cleanup time.
Restoration is considerably less expensive than refinishing, making it a significant investment in the life of your hardwood floors. If there are small areas of more severe damage to the wood, finish restoration can prevent any further damage to those areas until a full refinishing procedure can be done. It’s also a much safer process for engineered hardwood floors since there’s less chance of sanding through the thin veneer surface.
How it Works
- Assessment:Nationwide Cleaning begin with a professional assessment of your floors to determine if a simple restoration is possible. Our experts will check the surface of your floor for scratches or other severe damage and the integrity of the remaining finish as well as the hardwood itself.
- Cleaning:If your floor is found to be within the required parameters, the process begins with a thorough vacuum cleaning of the floor to eliminate any rocks or other large particles that could cause damage during the buffing process.
- Buffing/Screening: Next, a fine mesh abrasive pad (screen) is attached to a special buffer fitted with a vacuum dust removal hood. This is used to gently remove scratches in the finish and any minor imperfections in the hardwood while safely collecting the wood dust. Unlike sanding, screening removes a minimal amount of material, leaving the penetrating layer of the previous finish in place.
- Re-coating:After ensuring that no dust remains on the surface of the floor, a single coat of oil-based or water-based polyurethane is applied with a microfiber applicator to avoid leaving any hairs of fibers in the finish. Because the floor is still sealed by the old finish layer that penetrated the hardwood, there’s no need for multiple coats.
- Drying/Curing:The average drying time for our finishes is 3 hours, although oil-based polyurethane should be allowed further curing time before use. After the required drying and curing time, the floor can be reopened for regular use.
Please call Nationwide Commercial Cleaning on 1300 789 339 for an Obligation free quote.
As with all of the services Nationwide Cleaning offer for your hardwood floors, professional restoration performed by experts eliminates the time, effort and risk of performing these procedures yourself or hiring inexperienced help. Contact us today for an obligation free quote for hardwood floor cleaning